October 29, 2020

Airtel points Nxtra securities to Carlyle affiliate



New Delhi: Bharti Airtel has accomplished the problem of securities of its information centre subsidiary Nxtra Information to CA Cloud Investments of the US-based Carlyle Group, after the $235 million deal received the antitrust physique’s nod in August.

“…upon receipt of approval from the Competitors Fee of India (CCI) and after completion of different situation precedents agreed between the events, the primary closing has been accomplished and the securities of Nxtra Information Restricted, a subsidiary of the Firm, have been issued to CA Cloud Investments, an affiliated entity of Carlyle Asia Companions V. LP (an funding fund managed and suggested by affiliated entities of The Carlyle Group),” the corporate mentioned in an alternate submitting on Thursday.

Airtel had introduced the take care of Carlyle on July 1, 2020 to promote 25% of its stake in its information centre unit Nxtra Information Ltd. to the Carlyle group for $235 million.

The post-money enterprise valuation of Nxtra is roughly USD 1.2 billion and Carlyle will maintain a stake of roughly 25% within the enterprise upon completion of the transaction, with Airtel persevering with to carry the remaining stake of roughly 75%, in accordance with the deal introduced by the telecom firm on July 1.

The approval for the deal by CCI was given on August 26.

The stake can be purchased by Consolation Investments II, an affiliated entity of CAP V Mauritius Restricted, an funding fund managed and suggested by affiliated entities of The Carlyle Group.

Nxtra Information is a fully-owned subsidiary of Bharti Airtel Ltd and gives information centre colocation providers by means of its 10 information centres positioned in India.

Airtel’s shares fell 3.44% and closed at Rs 399.15 per inventory on BSE because the benchmark Sensex fell 2.61%. The announcement got here after market hours.